The Black Family and the Intergenerational Transfer of Wealth
DATE and TIME
May 8, 2021 1:00 PM-3:00 PM EST
CHS Area Branch ASALH and Charleston Freedom School
The forum explores the historic and contemporary factors contributing to the persistence of the massive Black/white wealth gap and the intergenerational consequences on the family. Programs and strategies for reducing the gap will be discussed. Narratives of success in achieving intergenerational transfers will be shared.
- Dorothea Bernique, Executive Director, Increasing Hope Financial Training Center
- Hon. Judge Arthur McFarland. Esq.
- Maxine Smith, Ed.D, President Maximum Consulting Services
- Jerome Harris, President Charleston Area Branch of ASALH
- Call to Order
- Lift Every Voice and Sing
- President’s Comments