March is Women’s History Month, and on Saturday, March 12, 2022, from 11:00AM to 1:00PM, the Dr. Edna B. McKenzie branch of ASALH presents, “Brothers Speak: Reflections on Black Women”.
The topics of the discussion are the importance of family support and mentorship in public office; the effects of religion on public service and community discussion; the impact of social policies on family structure and education; and mental health-counseling resources. Hear from Black men and women who share their insight on the best practices of leadership, advocacy, and community development to improve the lives of our children. This promises to be an exciting and informative event!
This powerful panel discussion will be moderated by Dr. Kathy Humphrey, President of Carlow University and will feature:
- Russell and Kathy Bynums (Bynums Marketing and Communications, Inc)
- Rev. Dr. B. De Neice and Rev. Dr. John C. Welch (Bidwell Street United Presbyterian Church | Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Church)
- Rev. Edward and Lavonia Bailey (Bethel AME Church, Lancaster PA)
- Linda Sturdivant, MEd, LPC, CEAP (Sturdivant & Associates)
- Dr. Stephanie Myers (Black Women for Positive Change | R.J. Myers Publishing & Consulting Co.)