We look forward to seeing you at our annual ASALH Branch Retreat on Saturday, August 10th, 1:00pm-3:30pm in the ballroom of the South Carolina Society Hall, 72 Meeting Street which is near St. Michael’s Church.
Public parking can be entered either from Meeting Street next to the building where the Charleston County Treasurer’s Office is located or from Queen Street which is across from 82 Queen Street.
If you have any questions, please contact Julia-Ellen Davis us at charlestonasalh at gmail.com.
CHARLESTON AREA BRANCH OF ASALH MEETING AGENDA
JULY 13, 2019
1:00pm-2:30pm in the following location:
Room 227 – 2nd floor
205 Calhoun Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
- Conference Update – Julia-Ellen Davis, Branch President
- Opportunities to Participate in the Conference
- A. Volunteers – Gwendy Harris, Volunteer Coordinator/Julie Monroe
- Sponsors for the Conference – Maxine Smith, LAC Coordinator
- Required ASALH Branch Programs – Julia-Ellen Davis, Branch President
- Founders Day (Fall 2019)
- Carter G. Woodson (December 2019)
- Black History Month (February 2020)
- Standing Committees – Julia-Ellen Davis, Branch President
- Program Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Ad Hoc Committee
- Retreat – Dena Davis, Branch Historian
- August 10, 2019, 1:00pm, SC Society Hall, 72 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401
- VI. Financial Report – Julie Monroe, Branch Treasurer
ASALH COMMUNITY-WIDE INFORMATION MEETINGS
Each of the upcoming ASALH Community-wide Information Meetings about the 104th Annual Meeting and Conference will be at 5:30pm-7:00pm in the North Charleston City Hall, 2500 City Hall Lane, North Charleston, SC 29406 in the Montague Room (2nd floor) on the following dates. This free event is open to the public.
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
For up to date conference information and registration form, visit the following website: https://asalh.org/conference/104th-annual-meeting-and-conference-registration-mailer/